A central part of our mission was educating and raising awareness of ways to support women in open tech/culture through public speaking.
Keynotes and invited speeches
- October 2015: Valerie Aurora was interviewed by Beth Lynn Eicher as a plenary session at Ohio LinuxFest.
- March 2014: Valerie Aurora was interviewed by Roy Tennant as a plenary session at Code4Lib
- October 2013: Valerie Aurora gave the opening keynote address at an interdisciplinary conference about Ada Lovelace’s achievements and legacy
- September 2013: Mary Gardiner gave a keynote speech “Getting involved and getting things done, since 1999” at a Google Sydney women in technology summit.
- July 2013: Valerie Aurora gave an invited speech “Why conferences matter: Lessons learned from Linux file systems” at Fórum Internacional Software Livre (FISL)
- July 2012: Mary Gardiner gave a keynote presentation “Fostering diversity – not a boring chore, a critical opportunity” at Wikimania 2012
- August 2011: Mary Gardiner gave a keynote presentation at PyCon AU
- June 2013: Valerie Aurora moderated Open Source Bridge panel Diversity in open source: What’s changed in 2012 and 2013
- April 2013: Valerie Aurora was a panelist at Gender & Technology: An Open Forum