Valerie and Mary are making appearances at several events in the next few months, and we’d be thrilled to meet with you to discuss our plans if you’re coming along to any of these. Our main goal for attending these conferences is to meet and get to know potential Ada Initiative partners face-to-face, so please don’t be shy about contacting us to arrange a meeting!
- WisCon 35, May 26â€“30, Madison, Wisconsin: Valerie will be participating in some panels and interested in meeting people with a wide variety of perspectives on women and open tech/culture. Last minute registration may be possible.
- Foo Camp 2011, June 10â€“12, Sebastopol, California: Valerie will be attending and looking to brainstorm with potential partners about Ada Initiative programs.
- OSBridge 2011, June 21â€“24, Portland, Oregon: Valerie will be giving a talk about strategies for encouraging women in open source at OSBridge, Open source: Open to whom?. Registration is currently open.
- Girl Geek Dinner Sydney, June 30, Sydney: Mary will be speaking about the Ada Initiative at at the Google offices in Pyrmont. This event is free and open to women and their guests (max one guest per woman attending), but RSVPs are required. See the Girl Geek Sydney website for information and RSVP instructions.
- OSCON 2011, July 25â€“29, Portland, Oregon: Valerie will be giving a talk about the Ada Initiative, The Ada Initiative: Promoting Women in Open Source. Registration is currently open.
- PyCon AU 2011, August 20â€“21, Sydney: Mary will be delivering a keynote at PyCon the Australian Python community conference. Registration is currently open.
If you’re interested in working with the Ada Initiative and will be at any of these events, please arrange to meet up with us! We’re also happy to talk to you via email at any time, see our contact page.
In other news, the Ada Initiative is putting the finishing touches to our fund-raising plans and will be rolling them out soon. Thanks so much to everyone for their patience. We’re looking forward to being able to concentrate on our programs!