One of the major goals of the Ada Initiative is to organize a series of meetings of women in open technology and culture around the world, which we’re calling AdaCamp. Our very first AdaCamp will be held in Melbourne Australia on Saturday January 14 2012.
AdaCamp will have an exciting, inspiring mix of people from various parts of the “open technology and culture” world, each of whom brings something special to the event. We’re looking for people who:
- work in open technology and culture: any field involving open/grassroots/community participation and sharing the results of your work for free (see our list of open technology and culture fields for examples)
- can share information about women’s experiences in that field, including talking about women’s achievements and the challenges they face
- want to work together and share strategies to support and promote women in the field
- share the Ada Initiative’s feminist approach to supporting and promoting women in open technology and culture
- are young and old; students, professionals and hobbyists; from a diverse range of backgrounds; and reflect the breadth of the “open technology and culture” field.
AdaCamp attendance will be by invitation: if you would like us to consider you, please apply. Applications are now open: apply to attend AdaCamp. Applications will close Wednesday December 14 2011.
AdaCamp is open to people of all genders. However, since AdaCamp and the Ada Initiative exist to support and promote women in open technology and culture, prospective attendees who are not themselves women will need to demonstrate a very high level of prior engagement and experience with the issues faced by women in those fields in order to be invited.
The Ada Initiative would like to thank our generous AdaCamp sponsors for making this event possible:
Copyright © 2011 - All Rights Reserved