Applications for the Anita Borg Systers Pass-It-On (PIO) Awards are now open. The grants are funded by the Systers online community, and are a way for women established in technical fields to contribute to the work of newcomers.
Pass-it-on Award applications are open to any woman over 18 years old in or aspiring to be in the fields of computing. Awards are open to women in all countries and range from $500.00 to $1000.00 USD. Applications covering a wide variety of needs and projects are encouraged, such as:
- Small amount to help with studies, job transfers or other transitions in life.
- A broader project that benefits girls and women.
- Projects that seek to inspire more girls and women to go into the computing field.
- Assistance with educational fees and materials.
- Partial funding source for larger scholarship.
- Mentoring and other supportive groups for women in technology or computing.
Got open tech and culture news to share with women in the Ada Initiatives community? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Geek Feminism wiki has further outreach channels for women in open source.